Church cleaning isn’t just about removing dirt and dust. It is about creating a sacred space that inspires people to come closer to God. If you are looking for church cleaning tips, you have come to the right place!
Let’s discuss everything from pricing church cleaning services to organising a church clean-up day. We will also provide a detailed checklist of things that need to be cleaned in a church setting.
Whether you are a church volunteer or professional cleaner, this blog post is for you!
As always, safety is our number one priority at Kiwi Clean Home. Before we get started, we want to remind you to always follow the manufacturers’ instructions when using any cleaning products.
Now let’s get started with our church cleaning guide!
Our Professional Church Cleaning Services Save You Time
Our online booking service is the best online. We have options for all home and domestic purposes. Here at Kiwi Clean Home we are implementing a commercial based option where businesses will be able to outsource their cleaning to us.
5 Main Areas to Clean in Your Church
Narthex: The narthex is the area where people first enter the church. It is essential to keep this area clean so that visitors have a good first impression.
Bathrooms: Bathrooms are one of the most important areas to clean in a church. You should clean them regularly to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria.
Offices: Church offices usually contain sensitive materials, such as confidential documents. Therefore, it is essential to keep them clean and organized.
Kitchens: Kitchens are another area that requires regular cleaning. All the appliances and surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected.
Sanctuary: As we mentioned earlier, the sanctuary is the most crucial area. You should ensure it is sparkling clean for the congregants.
How Do I Organize My Church Clean-Up Day?
Now that you know what needs to be cleaned in your church, it’s time to organize a clean-up day!
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your church clean-up day:
- Pick a date and time that is convenient for everyone.
- Send out a reminder email or text to all of the volunteers.
- Ensure you have all the necessary supplies, such as cleaning products, rags, and dusters.
- Break the work down into manageable tasks.
- Assign tasks to specific volunteers.
- Set a timeframe for the clean-up day.
- Thank the volunteers for their help!
How Do You Clean a Church?
Church cleaning isn’t as simple as wiping down surfaces with a wet cloth. There are certain things that you should consider, such as religious artefacts and furniture.
Here are some basic steps to follow when cleaning a church:
- Start by dusting all the surfaces in the church, including the pews, altar, and pulpit.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or dirt from the floor. Be sure to move the rugs and carpets so that you can reach every nook and cranny.
- Wipe down all of the windows with a clean, damp cloth.
- Dust the religious artefacts and paintings.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to polish all the wood surfaces in the church.
Now that we have gone over some general tips let’s take a more detailed look at what needs to be cleaned in a church setting.
What Needs Cleaning in a Church?
Things to consider when cleaning a church.
- Pews: Pews can be stained with ink, food, and drink. The best way to clean them is to use a mild detergent mixed with water.
- Altar: The altar is usually made of stone, so it is important to use a pH-neutral cleaner when cleaning it. Rinse the surface with clean water afterward.
- Pulpit: Most pulpits are made of wood or glass. Therefore, you should use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to clean it. You can use glass cleaner on the glass parts.
- Windows: Windows can get dirty very quickly and require a regular cleaning schedule. Use a damp cloth to wipe them, then use a clean cloth to dry them.
- Floors: The floors in a church are usually made of stone, wood, or carpet. You can use a pH-neutral cleaner to sweep stone and wood floors.
- Religious Artefacts and Paintings: You can dust these items with a soft cloth. If they are dirty, use a mild detergent on them.
How Do We Price Church Clean Services?
The price of church cleaning depends on the size, number of rooms, and frequency of cleaning.
- Size of the church: The size of the church will determine how long it will take to clean.
- The number of rooms: The more the rooms, the higher the cost of cleaning.
- Frequency of cleaning: The frequency of cleaning will determine how often the church needs to be cleaned. If you hire us for regular services, it is more economical.
One-time clean: If you only need the church to be cleaned once, we can give you a quote for one-time church cleaning services.
Recurring service: Regular services are the most economical. You can get a frequent quote for our church cleaning services and save on cost.
Kiwi Clean Home Church Cleaning Checklist
Are you looking for a church cleaning company in Auckland? Look no further than Kiwi Clean Homes! We provide high-quality church cleaning services at an affordable price.
Kiwi Clean Home is the leading church cleaning company in Auckland. We have a team of experienced and professional cleaners passionate about keeping churches clean. Contact us today for a free quote! Thank you for considering Kiwi Clean Home!