There are many ways to reduce the number of cleaning products you have in your home, especially if they aren’t environmentally friendly. People have been cleaning with household items like vinegar, baking soda, and lemons for years and years, my Grandmother even swears by them because they are very safe and very effective. With these cleaning solutions, you will buy less and spend less however when you have us, there is no need to worry!
Although Vinegar inst a fully-fledged cleaning product it does kill bacteria like E Coli and Salmonella. The very two bacteria that can turn profitable restaurants and food chains into something very different. Here are a few suggestions to clean things with vinegar.
If you have some baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice this is all you need for a great cleaning product. You can add soap however make sure it’s the environmentally safe one first!
Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda in a bottle and grab yourself a sponge.
For the bathroom and whiteware, the baking soda will act as the scrubbing agent while the vinegar will remove the dirt and grime. Grab your sponge and use the mixture on your bathroom and kitchen surfaces and scrub clean. While the vinegar has a harsh smell this is usually countered by the amount of lemon juice you put in. See how Kiwi Clean Home can help you with our house cleaning services.
For tougher stains and marks these will need to be soaked and left for a few minutes so that the vinegar can lift off the bacteria and make it an easy clean.
Cleaning the Kitchen
- Cleaning your coffee maker or machine by soaking the boiler in vinegar and running the machine. Make sure you mix some water with it so it’s not pure vinegar and doesn’t ruin your coffee.
- Pour Vinegar and water down a drain to unclog
- Put one cup of vinegar, water, and lemon juice in a microwave to steam clean the surfaces
- Have those shiny glasses by mixing some vinegar into your dishwasher and starting the cycle.
Cleaning the bathroom
- Remove soap scum by using the mixture listed above
- Prevent mildew and mold by spraying the Vinegar, water, and lemon juice solution onto showers and shower curtains
- Spray the mixture onto separate bathroom surfaces